“On the Provider Side”
Consultancy to insurance and government programs.
As the former project manager for the Canadian Board for Certification of Prosthetists and Orthotists sponsored project called the Compendium of Prosthetic and Orthotic Treatments (from 2008 until January 2011), Kirsten has spent much time in consultation with federal, provincial and private health care and benefit programs regarding the scope of their coverage, how various programs compare to one another and identify gaps in providing prosthetic treatment to Canadians.
Kirsten’s commitment to patient care has been the result of a life-long desire to improve patients’ access to appropriate and timely prosthetic treatment. It has been her experience working for, or working closely with, funding agencies, such as workplace compensation and insurance providers, that when this is achieved long term costs are reduced as patient outcomes are optimized.
Educational information and presentations that explain the breadth and scope of prosthetic treatment and the reality of the patient, have been provided to individuals and groups across Canada by the Eastern Prosthetic Clinic.
- The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association (at the annual meetings)
- Médavie Blue Cross
- Department of Social Development – NB
- Department of Health – NB
- The War Amps
- NIHB – Health Canada
- Workers’ Compensation BC
- Alberta Aids to Daily Living Program
- Pharmacare BC
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Canadian Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Canadian Association for Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists